1. I am grateful for the American system. I am grateful that I got to vote yesterday and that our country will be lead by someone. I will pray that he will do the best for the country and I will pray that congress can make compromises. I get frustrated when parties deadlock each other--because then everyone looses. I want cooperation. That may be too much to ask for, but that's what I will continue to ask for and hope for.
2. I am grateful for our mailman. He is awesome! My friends and I often joke that he knows more about us than we would want to. But he knows our boys names, and jokes with me that all my husband gets in the mail is Legos. He also goes above and beyond the call of duty. He knew one of my neighbors was looking for a trike or a mini car for their kids to ride in and he brought one by that was on the curb, waiting for the garbage truck. He waves to us when we go grocery shopping, and he drops packages off for us at our neighbors if we are not home, because he has seen us at their house enough. He is awesome! We love our mailman.
3. I am grateful for friends. The Friendly Hero is starting a very interesting stage...he is grumpy and refuses to listen unless there is a friend over and then he is the best listener. He will clean up and put shoes on and not jump on his bed, etc if he has a friend. So we are playing with friends a lot more. If there isn't a friend over, then he is usually throwing a temper tantrum--constantly. I'm not sure where this is all coming from, but I am grateful that friends are an easy, good fix for his happiness and willingness to listen.
4. I am grateful for naps. This afternoon I couldn't make it back downstairs after putting the Peaceful Hero down for his nap, and I fell asleep on my bed. Two hours later, the Friendly Hero woke me up and I feel great!
5. I am thankful for our mini trampoline and timer. The two boys love to jump on the trampoline and if they are holding the timer while the other one is jumping then both of them are happy. They love to push the start and stop buttons and they love to jump and get energy out. It keeps them both happy in 3 minute intervals for about a half hour. Then they both sleep better and are happier because they got exercise. I foresee this being a lifesaver this winter. I am grateful for their friendship and love.
1 comment:
I'm kind of in love with your mailman. He sounds awesome.
Post a Comment