I missed yesterday because we have had 2 crazy days here.
Yesterday:
1. I am grateful for friends. I was having a hard time trying to get something worked out at Walmart. I spent 45 minutes at the service desk, 30 of those minutes on the phone with my bank trying to get things worked out with my credit card and with the machine, only to find out at the end that I couldn't get done what I wanted to get done because it was too large--they couldn't handle it, but they couldn't tell me that until I'd been there for 45 minutes. The two boys were as good as they could be, but it was a long time and I was trying to be patient, and they had lost it. I was so grateful that a friend happened by about a half hour into this crazy experience and took the boys to look at the fish. They were so happy and I was so happy and grateful. She really saved my sanity.
2. I am grateful for food. I am grateful for my fridge and freezer that hold food and store them well.
3. I am grateful for nap time. I was able to put both boys down and have a little bit of time to recover from the stress of Walmart.
4. I am grateful for the playground. Once nap time was over, we went outside, because it was 68 degrees outside and we got in one more day at the playground. We love being outside, when it's sunny and playing with all our friends.
5. I am grateful for the Bug Hero. He beat us home, because we went tutoring and he vacuumed and got dinner ready--that I had put out on the counter. He is amazing!
Today:
1. I am grateful for our new arrival. We don't have a gender, or a name yet, but at 2 plus tons and 202.9 inches long and 68.4 inches tall we are in love! All day I have been smiling. (not that strange) I am really excited and so proud of our new arrival. The color of "polished metal" is awesome! (Even if it's not green like the Friendly Hero requested.) The Friendly Hero loves the hatch back, and the sliding doors. The Peaceful Hero loves the four wheels. We are all happy with our new arrival!
2. I am grateful for friends. We had a friend watch the two boys while we drove almost 80 miles to get our new arrival and then sign all the papers to get everything cleared out. It made the whole experience one I could really smile about, because we didn't have two active boys waiting around for us, and driving us crazy while we talked to really nice people.
3. I am grateful for great sales at the grocery store. I love it when the turkeys go on sale before Thanksgiving.
4. I am grateful for baptisms. We were able to go to our dear neighbors (practically family) baptism. He asked me to give a talk about baptism and I was honored to be a part of his big day. The Friendly Hero said his baptism was his favorite part of the day. When further questioned, he loved it because he got a peanut butter bar at the end of it.
5. I am grateful that crazy days end. We had two crazy busy days back to back, and while everything worked out and went mostly smoothly, it's nice to know that we have a day of rest tomorrow to worship Heavenly Father and to relax and enjoy each others company.
No comments:
Post a Comment