I missed a few days because my dear Bug Hero needed our computer to do work and play. So I'm not putting this off until the end.
1. I am grateful for baptisms. We have a very special young lady in our ward who was baptized yesterday. She has fought off brain cancer, and is having some problems with her brain communicating with the rest of her body. She turned 8 on Friday and on Saturday she was baptized. I am grateful for her example, her smile and her love. She has the biggest smile on her face whenever I see her and she radiates the love of Christ.
2. I am grateful for the spirit at her baptism. You could tell that she is there, even if it's hard for her to communicate but she was able to sing with her siblings, and she giggled as she came out of the font. There wasn't a dry eye in the room, including a lot of the little kids. The Friendly Hero talked a lot to me about how he was really happy because he felt that Jesus was happy with K***. I am grateful that he felt the spirit and knew where it came from.
3. I am grateful for family pictures. We took them yesterday and I haven't seen them yet, but I know that they are going to be awesome!
4. I am grateful for being kicked. I am feeling our girl move around a lot and I am grateful that she is healthy. I am grateful for her kicks, even though they are starting to become sharp and painful.
5. I am grateful that I know how to clean. Sometimes it doesn't look like I ever clean--but I do, and I am grateful that we are teaching the boys how to pick up their toys.
6. I am grateful for trains. The Peaceful Hero is on a HUGE train kick and loves to play with the trains. He will play with them for an hour--with minimal disruptions. I am grateful that he can focus on something like that. He's adorable as he plays.
7. I am grateful for family. I love talking to my siblings, to my parents, and to the Bug Hero's family. I consider them all to be my family.
8. I am grateful my Sunday School lesson went well. The kids responded to the group questions and were willing to share, even if they said that this was an awkward and uncomfortable topic. We talked about the Law of Chastity. But they were as mature and respectful as I could have hoped for. They are 13 and 14. And it was a much better lesson than last week.
9. I am grateful for the Friendly Hero. He says the funniest things! Yesterday, on our way to family pictures we told him that we were going to Purdue to get them taken. He responded with, "My daddy's work, I presume!" We are still laughing about it!
10. I am grateful for the Bug Hero. He is back from his conference, and it's so amazing to see things get done that I didn't do. He is so loving and helpful! I love his smile and his enthusiasm for toys and games. He competed in another tournament for his new game, and he won again! He got a prize gift card for winning. He's really happy about an inconsequential thing (his words, not mine).
11. We are grateful for extended family! We are going to go see an Aunt and Uncle for Thanksgiving and we are really excited about it! We love to expand our family circles!
No comments:
Post a Comment