I've spent a lot of time the past few weeks debating on if I want to post things I'm grateful for each day. Yesterday was awful, mostly due to my own attitude and I decided then that I would post things every day that I am grateful for, so I notice them and pay attention to them. If you don't want to read about my gratitude, then don't. I'm doing this for me.
1. I am grateful that it is warm right now. We spent two hours outside playing at the playground and it was wonderful to play and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.
2. My Give Thanks Calender is back. I spent a long time making it last year and it feels great to have it out and on my wall again. I'm excited to do little things each day to show our gratitude.
3. We are grateful for our toys. We gave some Duplos away to our friends because we play with real Legos at our house. Our friends spent an hour playing with them today. I'm grateful we could share the love and joy around.
4. I'm grateful we are in school. I really am appreciating this time of our lives. (It's good because we're in the middle of it.) I have some friends who are on the end and they can see the end and they are getting antsy. (I probably will too in four years.) I am realizing that right now is awesome. We have two beautiful boys and we have friends that surround us and no one has money to flaunt. We don't try to keep up with anyone or feel like we need to because everyone knows that we are poor grad students raising a family. I am grateful that we are in a position where we make do with little. Because we only need little.
5. I am grateful for Family Pictures. We had family pictures taken a weekend ago, and we got them today. They are amazing! (You'll see them a lot in the next few days.) I love how our dear friend captured our personalities and took awesome pictures!
1 comment:
Love this! Whats the story with the Give Thanks calendar! I want to make one!
Post a Comment