Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3

1. I am grateful for dates. Bug Hero and I went out yesterday night and we saw Beauty and the Beast, the traveling Broadway production. It was so much fun to go out away from the house and to see one of my favorite plays/stories ever done. We loved it a lot. The thing that I realized when I see this story, I am so grateful for my own happily ever after and that we help each other to be better people. To me--that's what real romance is, and Beauty and the Beast captures that, both people need each other and they are amazing.

2. I am grateful for libraries. We went to the library for the first time in a month, and we'll be going back soon. I love that there are free books to borrow and that we get to read, read, read. The Friendly Hero picked out about ten books for me to take home and read to him. I love reading to him. I love to read.

3. Today there was a little bit where the Peaceful Hero initiated a game of peek-a-boo with me. I just about had my heart melt I was overcome with joy. He flashed me his award winning smile (The reason we dressed him up as Gilderoy Lockhart) and I played with him until his attention was caught by a car. (thirty seconds) I enjoy every stage of my children's lives, (so far) but Peaceful Hero is beginning to play and show off his little personality. He is funny and I am grateful that he likes to play.

4. I am grateful for sales. Our grocery store had awesome sales this week. I got about 1.5 times the amount of food I normally get for the same amount of money. We are really good about only shopping sales, except for necessities--you always need milk--but I'm grateful for really awesome sales.

5. I am grateful for friends. I love having friends near by and that we love to play with. Friends are where it's at, when your family lives far away.

No comments: