Monday, November 15, 2010

Visiting Teaching

Today I am grateful for Visiting Teaching.

I love to make friends with the sisters that I visit teach. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve. My companion just moved to San Diego about six weeks ago, and I have missed her. I got a new companion for November, but all of October I missed my dear friend.

She came back for her Dissertation Defense. I didn't know she was in town, because I missed church--and she showed up on my door step this evening. I was overcome with a great sense of joy to see her again. She is amazing!

I am grateful for visiting teaching because it brings us closer together as friends and allows us to get to know these amazing sisters. I have loved serving with her and feel like I have learned so much from my companion!

We are blessed by this program. It is truly inspired by Heaven. I love to go visiting teaching because I leave a better person. I don't think that I can help the sisters, I am called to teach, as much as they help me.

No comments: