Visiting Maria was a blast! I loved walking around DC and taking things slowly and easily. My favorite place was probably the Newseum, followed by the botanical gardens. I really liked them. The gardens are so peaceful, and the Newseum has the history of reporting history and how it changed with technology and how things have stayed the same. It was so cool to see that news affected different parts of history and how the repression of news stops countries from developing.
The other cool thing is jazz in the park. There are free jazz concerts every Friday and it was tons of fun to go and listen and relax after a busy week.
My family also tried to convince me that the east coast, by DC is the best place to live and that I should move out there. I'm pretty close to being convinced, but I have to wait and see if that's what my hero wants or if that's what the Lord wants.
Maria inspired me with all her to do lists and that she checks things off. Due to her amazingness, I created a to do list of my own and I have over half of the year planned for one of the two classes I am going to teach next year. I am so proud of myself. I feel productive.
Well, I'm off to ponder the best way to think about teaching logarithms and exponential functions, because I didn't teach it very well last year.
1 comment:
Glad you had a great time Beth. I hear it's wonderful and we've contemplated moving as well, but alas the job is here.
Post a Comment