Yesterday I learned a few life lessons, from my two year old and his friend:
1. Don't leave your two year old and their best friend unsupervised.
2. Weather tape is awesome because it pulls away from doors.
3. Bug Spray removes varnish from tables.
4. I learned how to revarnish a table.
5. It's just a table. I decided long ago to have kids instead of museum quality furniture. And we got a sturdy enough table that it can handle lots of revarnishing
6. Friends are there to help out. Friendly Hero's friend helped him explore the world. I have a friend who loaned us a sander, another friend who loaned us their leftover varnish, another friend who loaned us another table, another friend who gave me lots of sympathy.
7. No two year olds were harmed--by bug spray or by their mothers. Time out is instigated to save them from themselves and their mothers.
8. A little bit of sympathy can go a long ways.
9. If you are going to revarnish a nice wooden table out of necessity, it will rain. It's a good thing we have a tarp to protect our table as it is outside because it's smelly.
2 comments:
all good lessons to learn! but i hope that i will only learn a select few of those on your list.
What about the lesson of moving where you keep the bug spray? Because if that lesson wasn't learned you might have to apply all this knowledge that you just learn...
Post a Comment