Does any one else get bitten by the jealousy monster? I do all the time. And it's usually not about stuff. Because I don't care about cool cars or nice china or something like that. That's stuff to me, and I like my stuff and I don't need to drool over your stuff. Stuff and nonsense don't you know?
Anyways, I am so proud of the Baby Hero and his accomplishment that he's standing by himself for about twenty to thirty seconds and he tottles around for a few steps. Adorably cute. I love it! But then I read a blog or I hear about kids at church and their almost one year old is walking completely AND/OR talking. Baby Hero says Mom and Dadt really clearly and it's cute, but no other words. Then I get jealous. Because I feel like it's a reflection on me--if Baby Hero isn't walking then I'm not as good a mom as so and so. Or if Baby Hero doesn't already know another word then I didn't talk to Baby Hero enough. And I feel inatequite or jealous of other moms.
My Other random question is this: Baby Hero has stopped wanting to take his naps. He doesn't fight me when it's nap time, he goes up into his crib just fine. I just hear him up there for about an hour or so babbling and playing up there. Sometimes after forty minutes he'll get quiet and fall asleep for his hour nap, but some days he plays up there for both naps and is happy and cute when I get him. Because he hasn't started waking up at night or getting over tired, I've just let him play up there for the hour to hour and a half and then gone and gotten him. My Question: Should I try to insist that he sleep--by letting him cry until he falls asleep or do something else like that? On days that we wear him out by taking him places and walking around for hours, then he'll sleep mostly. Should I wear him out every day? Or should I wait for the next growth spurt, when he starts sleeping more? Or Should I not be worried and as long as he's not overtired or grumpy then it's ok that he plays for his nap time?
Thanks sleep gruuroos! You guys are awesome!
4 comments:
If it makes you feel and better, Belly will be 18 months next month and the only word she can say is sign language "please" and that's sketchy at best.
People always tell me it's not bad when they don't talk, it just means they are content and independent. I don't know if that's true, but for now I choose to believe it.
As for naps, when I would hear Belly playing in her happily in her crib I would just leave her. But if it was like that for a few months and he was cranky later on, I would look at adjusting the nap times.
Beth, when it bites, just remember everyone develops differently. It's not always a reflection on the parent. It's been a while, but Lili got to the point where she played instead of slept. I think as long as he isn't grumpy you should be fine. Ask your Dr. to be sure. :) Good luck and he's adorable!
You're such a new mom. I was really competitive wig Caelyn, but I've mellowed since then. If they seem slow in one thing, it just means they're focusing on something else at the moment. They all even out in the end. :)
as long as he is in the crib for an hour, that's all you can do. Is it dark? Are there toys in his crib?
Dex just moved from taking two naps to one. He was doing the exact thing that your little one was doing! I finally just made the decision to make it one nap. SO NICE! He takes a 2 1/2 hour nap at noon and is so much happier now! He usually gets a little grouchy around the time he would take his old naps but it passes with a change of scene. I dont know if that helps you but it worked for me!
Post a Comment